7 Tips for Removing a Variety of Stains from Leather Work Boots
Leather work boots are a pleasure to own, and usually, this is footwear that will have a hefty price tag. This means you definitely want to insure you get the most out of your footwear. Caring for your special footwear is an easy process where stains and spots simply do not have a home. You will have footwear that lasts longer while looking even better. While these tips may be great for many types of leather work boots, if you are ever in doubt, you should definitely consult a processional.
1. Getting ink on your beautiful working footwear is a real drag. No one enjoys the look of ink on their apparel. Ink is one of the most difficult types of stains to remove. One easy method that can work is to spray the footwear with hair spray, and the wipe with a clean, soft cloth.
2. Mildew is a strong possibility if you happen to get your footwear moist or wet. Mildew can cause your leather work boots to rot. Mix 1 part water to 1 part rubbing alcohol. Simply wipe this mixture onto the affected area. You can leave this on for maximum benefits.
3. Urine or blood stains are often referred to as protein stains. These can hurt your favorite piece of footwear. These can generally be wiped off with water and a cloth. Place a boot horn or newspaper tightly into the footwear to allow it to dry retaining the natural shape.
4. Water is another one of those natural environmental substances that can harm your footwear. However, you will find that it is easy to avoid staining and shrinkage. Place a boot horn into your footwear or use crumbled newspaper. You can then let dry naturally without added your own heat source such as a stove, dryer, blow dryer, or microwave oven.
5. Gum can be fun to chew, but when you step in gum or you get gum on your favorite pair of leather work boots, chances are good that is not so fun. You will find gum easy to remove simply by using a baggy filled with ice over the gum. This will make the gum hard making it a lot easier to simply peel away. You can also use a blow dryer on low heat to get the gum warm and the pull off with a cloth.
6. Discoloration is not an inevitability. Purchasing a spray at a shoe repair store is an easy way to get rid of any discoloration. These can be matched almost identically to your footwear, and this is a spray that will give your footwear a whole new life.
7. Salt is a nasty stain that can be picked up just abut anywhere. The best way to rid yourself of these salt stains is to use 1 part water to 3 parts vinegar. With a moisten cloth of this solution, dab the salt stained area carefully. Allow to dry.
These tips are just suggestions, and before you make any serious repairs to your own footwear, you should consult a professional. These suggestions may help save you money, and you will appreciate the ability to keep your favorite footwear going for longer.
The Uniform Connection offers a full line of uniforms. Our uniforms include scrubs, work apparel, school uniforms, corporate apparel, flame resistant work wear, food service, sports clothing, law enforcement and security, outerwear, hospitality service, shoes, work boots. Looking for a custom quote on embroidered apparel, silk screening, or need name tags, custom patches, or need to set up a uniform program, then give us a call at 1-877-786-6311. We can also provide your organization with safety equipment, medical equipment or promotional products. Our home office is located in Houston, Texas with warehouses located throughout the United States that enable us to service all 50 states including Memphis, Tennessee, Baltimore, Maryland, Irving, Texas, Amarillo, TX, Brownsville, Texas, Grand Prairie, TX, Pasadena, Texas, Fort Worth, Texas., El Paso, Texas., Charlotte, N.C, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Seattle, Washington, Boston, Massachusetts, Denver, Colorado, Louisville, Kentucky and Atlanta, Georgia.
Food Service Uniforms | Aprons | Bib Aprons | Bistro Aprons | Cobbler Aprons | Dealer Aprons | Rounded Aprons | Squared Aprons | Waist Aprons | Chef Coats | Chef Hats Headwear | Chef Pants | Knife Cases | Server Pants | Server Shirts & Coats | Server Vests and Jackets | Uniform Customizing | Waiter Accessories
Service Apparel | 100% Cotton Oxfords | Aprons | Aprons & Accessories | Bengal Stripe Oxfords | Blazers and Suits | Blouses | Broadcloth Value Shirt | Camp Shirts | Chef Apparel | Denim and Casual Twills | Dress Accessories | Dress Neckwear | Easy Care Oxfords | Front of House | Housekeeping | Pants, Shorts, & Skirts | Pinpoint Oxfords | Polo Shirts | Polyester Coordinates | Security Apparel | Tuxed & Traditional Broadcloth Shirts | Woven Shirts
Work Apparel & Work Uniforms | Carhartt Work Wear | Coveralls | Dickies Work Wear | Edwards Garments | Embroidered Uniforms and Apparel | Food Service, Chef & Restaurant | Liberty Uniforms | Red Kap Uniforms | Walls Work Wear | Work Apparel | Clothes Size Charts | Clothing Color Charts | Clothing Care Guides
Work Apparel Uniforms | Carhartt Workwear Uniforms | Carhartt - Bibs and Coveralls | Carhartt Flame Resistant | Carhartt High Visibility | Carhartt Jackets | Carhartt Jeans | Carhartt Pants & Shorts | Carhartt Raingear | Carhartt Vests | Coveralls & Bib Overalls | Bib Overalls by Dickies | Dickies Coveralls | Womens Bib Overalls by Dickies | Dickies Work Uniforms | Mens Work Jeans by Dickies | Mens Work Shirts by Dickies | Womens Work Jackets by Dickies | Womens Work Jeans by Dickies | Womens Work Pants by Dickies | Womens Work Shirts by Dickies | Womens Work Shorts by Dickies | Mens Work Pants by Dickies | Work Jackets by Dickies | Mens Work Shorts by Dickies | Housekeeping Uniforms | Liberty Uniform | Outerwear | Shirts | Trousers | Mini Uniforms for Kids/Infants | Painters Apparel | Redkap Work Uniforms | Womens Work Shirts | Mens Work Shirts | SanMar WorkWear | Uniform Customizing | Walls Industries | Kids | Mens | Ranch Wear | Jackets & Coats | Shirts | Vests | Sporting Goods | Caps & Acc. | Coveralls | Jackets & Coats | Overalls & Bibs | Pants | Rainwear | Shirts | Sweaters & Sweatshirts | Tee Shirts | Vests | Work Wear | Caps and Accessories | Coveralls | Jackets and Coats | Overalls and Bibs | Pants | Rainwear | Shirts | Shorts | Vests | Womens | Security Apparel | Work Shoes, Work Boots | Athletic Shoes, Hiking Boots | Footwear - Insulated-Waterproof | Footwear - Lace-to-Toe & Loggers | Footwear - Wedge Sole & Pull-on